USA, CA, Pleasanton
USA, CA, San Francisco
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Workday is growing rapidly across our product portfolio. In order to maintain our growth trajectory, it’s critical that we constantly search for new avenues for market expansion while improving upon our existing business. Workday’s Corporate Strategy team partners closely with Workday’s senior executive team to define, align on, and implement the company’s global strategy. The team is also responsible for delivering high profile pivotal initiatives and thought leadership to support Workday’s continued growth globally.
About the Role
Workday’s Corporate Strategy team works on high visibility projects in conjunction with product and business leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be instrumental in defining Workday’s strategy and you will have an opportunity to work on key strategy projects that impact a range of business functions. As such, the Corporate Strategy manager must exhibit exceptional problem structuring and analytical skills, strong written and verbal communications, and effective cross-functional leadership. They should be an organized self-starter who is able to think critically and develop well-structured business recommendations rooted in data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shape business strategy for Workday to invest in new markets or drive new initiatives
- Analyze competitive offerings, synthesize findings, and identify sources of differentiation for Workday
- Size addressable market and model revenue opportunity
- Help identify new areas for value creation and value capture and potential impacts to our strategy and business model
- Conduct voice of the customer research with Workday customers and prospects to test new product concepts, isolate requirements, understand willingness to pay, and identify implications for Workday’s product positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Articulate market entry requirements, business risks, and steps to mitigate
- Define and track business performance and product usage metrics to assess the success of key business initiatives
- On an ongoing basis, analyze and report on Workday’s operational and product performance; develop dashboards to measure key metrics and product health
- Support product team and other company partners in managing rhythm of the business
Preferred Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will have prior experience developing data-driven growth strategies for technology companies, whether through work in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, product strategy or a business operations role at a technology company. It is critical that this person be comfortable when working on projects with a high level of ambiguity, possess strong problem structuring skills and analytical savvy, and be a clear communicator in delivering recommendations to senior executives.
The ideal applicant will have a strong working knowledge of key SaaS markets and will be able to quickly establish themselves when working cross-functionally with Product & Technology, Corporate Development, Business Development, and GTM teams. Additionally, they will be able to weigh the operational and go-to-market implications of their strategy recommendations. Experience working with SaaS applications, HCM, Financials, Planning, and enabling cloud computing services are major advantages. Further, success in this role will require a strong ability to understand core customer requirements (not just what people ask for), define our overall short- and long-term strategy, and collaborate across the broader Workday organization to ensure the development of a compelling strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology or quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience working for strategy consulting firm focused on business operations or corporate strategy
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Track record of delivering company-critical projects with proven business impact
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach; comfort with ambiguity and drive to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; strong interest in structuring complex problems and presenting well-supported solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a very strong attention to detail
- Experience with SaaS and enterprise software products or services
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact [email protected] to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!