USA, IL, Chicago
USA, CA, Remote
USA, CA, Palo Alto
USA, CA, San Mateo
USA, CA, San Francisco
USA, NY, New York City
USA, CA, Irvine
USA, CA, Pleasanton
USA, NY, Remote
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Role
As a Customer Base Financials Account Executive, you will lead business development, selling to prospective key accounts. Your recent success in selling cloud-based Financial applications and products to an enterprise customer base is a strong sign you're an excellent prospect for this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ability to drive a complex sale, operate respectfully in a team selling environment, and have strong project management skills. If you have a stellar sales track record capitalizing on strategic accounts, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Workday is the place for you.
- Initiates and runs sales cycles, maximizing Workday Financial products suite including Accounting, Planning, Analytics, Payroll, and Expense Management. You will lead the sales process, negotiations, customer agreements, and closing plans with customers.
- You will use your experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with prospective customers at the executive-level.
- You will use your extensive experience within Financials and ERP to help drive demand for Cloud Financial Management in the marketplace. You will employ your consultative selling skills to successfully position Workday as a viable alternative to legacy ERP Financial solutions.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and provides direction to various extended team members and sales/services resources. With a laugh or two thrown in!
- ~8+ years of professional experience in software sales, including experience in a team selling environment. 2,3
- 5+ years of experience selling SaaS/Cloud based ERP, Financial, Planning, or Analytics solutions to C-levels within enterprise accounts. 2
- 5+ years experience working within finance and/or with finance executives.
- Deep financial product skills and confidence in developing relationships by conducting business-driven discussions with CFOs and their finance teams. Experience in business transformations in medium and large enterprises, preferably across multiple industries.
- Proven ability in owning and supporting complex sales cycles from start to finish. Demonstrated success with transformational and consultative selling, strategy and running sophisticated negotiations.
- Ability to quickly understand business challenges and create solutions. An appreciation of the responsibilities and challenges of the Finance function of today, with an interest in co-creating desired business solutions.
- You enjoy working as part of a team and contributing best practices to aid the success of all. We believe in a continuous learning mentality.
- Strong organization and communication skills to drive urgency in closing new business. Adept at maintaining accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You may view the Workday's Pay Transparency Policy, and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, by clicking on their corresponding links.
Workday is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans during our application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement – United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.IL.Chicago
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $139,500 – $170,500
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $139,500 – $170,500
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!