Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
At Workday, we are expanding the Deal Management Team in the Japan region! We are looking for a Deal Manager who will focus on several sales motions across APJ: clients subscriptions renewals, add-ons, and customer growth. This is most importantly a chance to join our growing Team of talented individuals who are working together to support our booming Asia market.
About the Role
The focus of this role will be to support Workday's Sales organization across Japan from a deal strategy and operational standpoint! Your scope will be focusing on all existing clients who are renewing or adding new solutions to their existing Workday subscription, or growing substantially in size. Specifically, you will be in charge of structuring deals from a pricing, operational, contractual standpoints to find the best solution for both our Client and Workday. You will be part of the success of every deal by ensuring the right deal structure, negotiation strategy, and operations are in place.
Success in the role requires a combined team approach and ability to collaborate and influence laterally, operational excellence and attention to detail, ability to play with numbers, and be able to explain complex issues in a concise manner to align all stakeholders. You will be supported and coached by our experts, and a broader team of Deal Managers located across the region.
We expect you to be ready to learn, explore, take risk, and be strong enough to push things forward and get things done!
- Bachelor’s degree required with 4 to 8 years total experience with experience in an operation / deal desk / sales role / renewal management / contracts role.
- Quote to cash lifecycle experience working in the SaaS world, with direct field sales support or client facing experience.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Ready to learn and get things done! There is a lot to do and a lot to put in place to support our fast growth. You have to be curious, self-driven, able to make decisions and be creative to solution complex business problems.
- Ability to navigate numbers and model prices, read contracts, pay attention to details, and communicate efficiently across Teams and cultures
- Comfortable engaging, understanding, and influencing with cross-functional teams, legal, finance, products, technical…
- Ability to navigate the unknown and find solutions by yourself, in a logic and rational way
- An understanding of general SaaS selling motions, pricing, licensing models a definite plus.
- Preferred Applications: SFDC, Microsoft Word and Excel
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!