Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
The Japan Field Services team is made up of Service Executives, Customer Success Managers, and Managing Partners that serve customers based in Japan. We are the client-facing function for the Global Customer Experience organization, and partner with the Japan Sales Organization to execute on Japan GTM plans. Our main goal is to provide the necessary services for customers to succeed in their deployment of Workday solutions and derive business value from their Workday investments.
About the Role
The Japan Field Services Strategy & Operations person will work closely with the Regional Vice President of Field Services and will be responsible for helping improve business processes and overall business excellence. You will become comfortable in working with IC/Managers and have excellent communication and project management skills. You will help Regional Vice President run a predictable Services Sales and Customer Success business rhythm working with our Customer Experience Leaders on role excellence and that our standard methodologies are adopted.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Partner with the Services Sales Excellence Leader and Regional Vice President to ensure that the teams's forecasting and pipeline are at the required standards (Salesforce hygiene, rolling four quarter pipeline coverage, demand generation and deal reviews)
- Run a structured rhythm of business to aid the Regional Vice President (RVP) in problem solving, priority setting and internal meeting facilitation (staff meetings, all-team quarterly calls, action tracking and program management)
- You will become the authority in forecasting tools (Salesforce, Clari, Tableau) and help the RVP run forecast meetings with their direct sales teams.
- Increase “ease of doing business” by solving for challenges that are impeding the efficiency of our sales and customer success teams.
- Prepare data driven analysis to support management decision making, driving clarity and insight into the health of the business and the actions required to improve.
- Minimum of 5 years of similar type of work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to lead structured meetings
- Strong, multi-tasking, analytical, and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, Tableau, Excel and Clari is highly recommended
- Ability to work independently, multi-task effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills to Senior Leadership
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of building strong relationships across multiple teams and time zones
- Native Japanese language and fluent English language speaker
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!