Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Workday’s Integration Consulting teams are driven by a passion for our products and the success of our customers in implementing our best in class cloud solutions. We’re a diverse group of people with an invaluable mix of experience and backgrounds, located across multiple locations within the region.
About the Role
Our team promotes Workday’s core values with ‘Employees’ being the first of them. This is why we:
· offer flexible work schedules;
· empower you to follow your desired career path & achieve professional and personal goals
· encourage work-life balance and wellbeing;
· are proud to champion equal opportunities for everyone.
We are looking for someone to join our team who is eager to learn with a creative outlook, support their colleagues and have fun.
As a member of the Technical Consulting team, you’ll play a key role in the end-to-end deployment of technical system integrations between a customer’s Workday system and their 3rd party enterprise architecture. Using Workday’s own enterprise-class ESB technology, you will convert technical integration requirements to appropriate architectural decisions in Workday and build, test and ultimately deploy those integrations into production.
You will also support broader technical project discussions about general integration Enterprise Architecture best-practices, application security concepts and system authentication. Typically you’ll be working on multiple customer deployments and have a great deal of autonomy around how you approach those different workloads each week.
What you will achieve in your first 12 – 24 months
Here are some of the activities you will experience in your Workday career journey:
- Month 1 – you’ll complete the Instructor lead Workday Core Integration & Practical Certification training, and within your first 6 months, you’ll undertake further Specialist Certification training
- Once Certified, you’ll supplement your initial product knowledge through active project engagements:
- Capture and understand your clients’ business requirements and demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems.
- Configure and test the Workday solution under the mentorship of an Engagement Manager and Integration Lead. Depending on existing project experience you may even lead your own projects, working with an expert Workday Integration Architect who will cover the technical product and mentor you in key architectural concepts and best-practice.
- Provide the Engagement Manager or Integration Lead with status reports and keep them informed of overall project status.
- Assist the functional consulting team in helping to design and test integrations which overlap with functional design or business process operations.
- Ensure the client is reference-able once in production.
- Become efficient at processing and analysing detailed information, making strategic decisions and delivering innovative solutions.
- Participate in update training and other events that help share one’s product skills with other consultants.
- Work collaboratively with multi-functional teams, share your knowledge and coach new team members
This role will require an equal mix of business-facing and technical development abilities (we’re business consultants who also design and code the solutions) so if you have existing or transferable experience in any of the following areas then we’d love to hear from you:
- Language Skills: Business Level English. French preferable or other European languages considered
- Demonstrated ability in: Web Development (Backend), Web Services, SOAP, REST, XML, XSLT, Java, .NET or other relevant technologies
- demonstrated ability either as an Internal Technical Business Analyst or similar positions with Consulting / Software Companies
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (under typical circumstances)
- Experience in middleware experience such as MuleSoft, SnapLogic, SAP PI/PO, etc.
- Up to 2 years HCM software application experience
- Relevant Educational qualifications and/or professional HCM experience in software, IT projects, application development, Implementation or support
- Understanding of integration patterns, data manipulation and transmission, including optimisation for creating maximum efficiencies in speed and performance
- A proactive problem solver, with drive for delivering exceptional levels of Customer Service
- A strong presenter with excellent verbal and written Communication skills
- Ability and desire to learn technology quickly through a mix of different mediums
- Resourceful and adaptable; you will be comfortable working In office, remotely and on-site, utilising a variety of tools with a high degree of autonomy
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!