USA, CA, Pleasanton
USA, GA, Atlanta
USA, CO, Boulder
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
The Workday on Workday product team mission is to champion business and customer success through Workday technology. Our objectives are to understand the unique needs of our users and deliver innovative solutions to drive a delightful user experience and impactful business outcomes both at Workday and for our customers. How do we build these delightful experiences? Our core team principle is to cultivate empowered, autonomous, diverse teams with freedom and support to experiment, celebrate growth and learning and drive groundbreaking innovation leading to a brighter Workday for all.
About the Role
The goal of this role is to define and lead teams to implement an end to end solution strategy across the Enterprise Finance Product teams. This strategy will thread together Workday products, custom solution innovations and third party technology to build a best in class solution, driving differentiated business value and delightful user experiences. This position is an essential member of the Leadership team, reporting to the VP Workday on Workday.
What you will do
The Head of Enterprise Finance Solutions contributes a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business such as services, finance, legal, and privacy as well as a deep knowledge of our users and the data about how our customers engage with our products. The Sr. Director will track Tech industry trends and the technology landscape and use these inputs to define a Solution vision, strategy and roadmap.
This role will lead a highly effective Product team comprised of product managers, and implementers to:
- Partner with finance business partners to define and implement an innovative Finance Solution Strategy and roadmap
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to identity key opportunities to drive differentiated business value and market leading innovation using emergent technologies
- Work closely with leaders across Industry Go-To-Market, Strategy, Services and Sales teams to define and evangelize Tech Industry solution map and value proposition
- Use data to uncover areas within the business to drive performance, unlock value and improve execution
- Define and implement a scalable framework to track core business metrics related to the product
- Drive initiatives in collaboration with senior management, leading end-to-end accountability from vision through planning and impact; raise and track issues and challenges, remove barriers, and resolve issues involving appropriate team members and raise to appropriate level when required.
- 10+ years experience in a leadership role working on technology-powered products as a product manager, product strategist or implementation consultant
- A strong sense of product and customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable speaking publicly to large audiences of senior leaders and executives
- Experience collecting, synthesizing, and prioritizing user input from multiple sources (users, leaders, competitors, market factors, partners, engineering, management, etc.).
- Ability to identify solutions to hard problems with many constraints, assess risks, and lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Exposure to accounting principles and their application to periodic financial reporting, planning and forecasting
- Experience leading agile product development teams
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an interactive process and dual track Agile methodology
- Experience designing processes and implementing strategic projects to tackle business problems.
- Experience in an outcome based organization
Workday Pay Transparency Statement – United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $217,600 – $326,400
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $179,400 – $326,400
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!