Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Role
Workday’s Japan business has seen significant growth in the last two years. And we expect this to accelerate even more as the region adjusts to the pandemic. As we continue to strengthen our position in this key market, there is an increased opportunity to expand our footprint through the wider portfolio of HCM, Financials, Planning, Sourcing and Analytics solutions that Workday now offers. Increasingly, organisations that want to transform the way they operate are replacing legacy systems with Workday’s SaaS Enterprise Management applications.
To capitalise on the opportunities in this market and to scale the sales support and customer engagements to new levels, Workday is looking to bring a senior leader to run the entire Presales team in Japan and manage growth both in terms of people, as well as in terms of operations. The Presales team is comprised of functional solution consultants who are experts in various product areas and technical and business architects, who bring the solution together from a customer context.
As a key member of the Japan leadership team, the Presales Consulting leader personally contributes to achieving Workday’s main objectives, such as excellence in deal support, demand management, quarterly and annual planning, presales skills enhancement etc. The Presales Consulting head personally ensures the "One Team" objectives, establishing a strong collaboration and partnership attitude from the Presales team with the Sales organisation as well as other functional teams in the Japan and the APJ region.
· Vision and goal setting: Set the organization vision and goals for the Japan Presales team ensuring alignment with Sales, Marketing, Value Management, Services and other key functions.
· Planning: Contribute to Japan GTM plan and develop a Presales plan (resources, skills, processes, etc) aligned with budget and productivity objectives; periodically review and adjust the plan as the year evolves
· Build and execute programs to upskill the presales team (individuals and managers); identify external resources/candidates to fill skill gaps in the team, to scale and service the business in the most appropriate way
· Serve as a “Business Partner” to the Regional Sales VP and Regional Sales Directors in deciding on focus industries, account/opportunity strategy, solution positioning and approach, win themes, value propositions etc.
· Deal support: Develop an organization focused on Presales best practices around business value-based selling and innovations, customer understanding, simplified and relevant demonstration capabilities, themes, messaging and storytelling; develop strong deal leadership through solution captaining and competitive intelligence. Personally, invest in key opportunities for Workday and contribute to strategy and execution. Proactively manage and solve sales escalations on resource or support quality issues.
· Pipeline Validation and Progression: Ensure Presales’ active participation in the early validation of sales opportunities, coordinate sales support activities to nurture the qualified pipeline and support strategic engagement to influence customer choice towards Workday
· Profitable revenue growth: Continually drive proactive management of resources and costs to maximize quality of support and win rate while optimizing investment in opportunities
· People Management: Be a role model in people management; develop trust and motivation of presales team; ensure fair treatment of employees and continuous fact-based performance feedback is provided by presales management to direct reports, as well as regular and open communication; strive to retain, reward and develop our best talent; develop all presales resources to best support business needs; continually attract new talent in support of our vision/goals, act quickly in addressing under performance situations; ensure excellence in all people related processes and embody the unique Workday cultural values
· Solution and Industry excellence: Foster an environment of collaboration and development specific to solution and industry knowledge in the Japan and APJ markets. Proactively collaborate to share best practices and knowledge
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!