Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Workday is looking for an Inside Sales Account Executive – Customer Base to join our growing team..
This is a brand new role managing and growing long-standing relationships with our existing enterprise customers and executive sponsors
Together with the field-based Account Teams, you will support complex sales cycles with the collaboration of other internal teams such as pre-sales, marketing, value management etc.
You will assist in the renewals process of Workday customers, up-sell with existing customers in an overlay capacity, support marketing activities and events, and collaborate with our strategic partners.
If successful, this role will prepare you for Field Sales or other exciting opportunities within the wider Workday Sales organization.
About the Role
If you can travel up to 20%, here are the skills and experience you’ll need to qualify:
- Working with cross-functional teams selling in a complex enterprise sales cycle, including Pre-Sales, Technical, Functional, Implementation and Marketing professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Fluency in German
- Selling HR / HCM, recruiting, learning, payroll, planning, accounting, finance software
- Experience in the field of strategic sourcing / procurement
- BS/BA degree or equivalent professional experience is required, MA/MS degree preferred
Experience / Qualifications
- 1 years + Sales Experience of selling disruptive solutions in cloud / SaaS technology or business applications (preferably ERP / HCM / Financial planning)
- Ability to build early stage pipeline and develop prospect accounts
- Experience of selling to C-level within medium enterprise accounts from a direct sales position
- Understand the strategic competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday into medium enterprise accounts
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of an on-demand/web services/ Cloud / SaaS architecture
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners and alliances
- Proven successful experience on transformational sales and creating a new for innovation
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Proven experience of pulling together different business units to maximise on sales opportunities
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with delivering online demonstrations
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to travel within the assigned region to secure new business opportunities
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!