Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
The Industry GTM team is responsible for developing strategies that support the maximization of value, growth, and profitability. The team is tasked with implementing strategic and scalable Go-to-Market activities in collaboration with key stakeholders globally.
This role is a leader on the industry team, helping to achieve our strategic growth goal of $10B in annual revenue. This industry operates in a fast-paced model, working collaboratively across go-to-market functions to set and execute on strategic vision.
About the Role
The Managing Director is responsible for driving the global go-to-market strategy for Workday’s Manufacturing business. You will work closely with sales leadership to identify and execute our approach to key sales engagements, represent Workday externally to the manufacturing community, and have the opportunity to influence product, marketing and other internal stakeholders to grow our business.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Leverage industry expertise to drive short- and long-term strategy for manufacturing go-to-market approach.
- Serve as Workday’s ambassador to the manufacturing market through customer and prospect meetings, in-person events, social media, and other thought leadership.
- Build and leverage deep, senior-level industry relationships with prospects and customers to evangelize WD’s value proposition.
- Work with Workday’s Global Partners team to develop and execute an ecosystem approach for key service integrators in the manufacturing market.
- Partner with marketing and sales team to refine Workday’s message as a strategic partner for digital transformation.
- Travel 25-50% of the time for client meetings, relevant industry conferences, etc.
- Relationship builder – Must thrive at building cross-functional relationships and partnering closely with others
- Influence- Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed, influence-driven environment
- Results Oriented execution- ability to establish scope and work closely with cross functional stakeholders to define clear and measurable outcomes aligned with top line company strategy
- Storyteller – Effectively communicate compelling vision to executive audiences
- 15+ years of relevant manufacturing industry experience
- Strong executive presence, evidenced through consistent thought leadership/ engagement for the manufacturing industry.
- Understanding of customer and prospect buying cycles and procurement processes (from buyer or seller side)
- Rich understanding of key influencers, service integrators, and overall industry ecosystem
- Familiarity with industry ecosystems and software solutions to support CHRO and COO business processes within manufacturing markets
- Track record of successful delivery of strategic, cross-functional initiatives at-scale and proven business impact
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude for structuring complex problems and presenting well-supported solutions.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!