Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Student solutions for midsize and large organizations.
About the Role
As an Engagement Manager in our US Federal practice, you will be the key player on a team that guides customers through the deployment lifecycle, solution delivery, and issue management by partnering with Workday Delivery leadership, consultants, resource management and Workday Deployment Partners. You will be the Workday leader responsible for managing the Customer experience through deployments. You will be tasked with managing a portfolio of project engagements, including external customer facing engagements (initial and subsequent add-on deployments) as well as internal Workday engagements.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday product on some of our largest projects for our US Federal customer base. The Engagement Manager will drive the client implementation and will be involved in the development of several key project deliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and work with the Client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managing to the agreed upon budget and delivering the project profitably.
As an Engagement Manager in the US Federal practice, you will also provide advice, direction and guidance to Workday Deployment Partner Project Directors and Project Managers in the area of Workday deployments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Project manage one or more Workday product implementations concurrently, likely including Partner led deployments
- Ensure the project is successfully delivered within the budget and time outlined in the SOW
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Professional Services resources working on your implementations
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed
- Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices
- Be a liaison for Professional Services when interacting with sales and/or development
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation
- Assist in the transition of the customer from Professional Services to Product Support
- Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW
Expected results within 12 months:
- Become an expert in Workday's Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
- Demonstrate competency in the Workday HCM, Financials, and/or Payroll product suite
- Full project P+L ownership
- Demonstrable experience (10+ years) of project managing Medium and/or Large Enterprise ERP implementations preferably within the Federal and/or State & Local Government customer base.
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Ultimate, Lawson or a similar application.
- Prior consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following ERP business areas: Financials, HCM, Payroll, Services Procurement or similar business experience.
- Experience in project managing financial implementations or knowledge of financial business processes and financial reporting is desirable.
- Experience managing 3rd parties on a project
- Experience within the Public Sector
- Business development experience
- Previous service sales experience is a plus. Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience
- Ability to travel 50 percent or more of the time (post COVID)
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $141,500 USD – $212,300 USD
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $127,100 USD – $212,300 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!