USA, CA, Pleasanton
USA, TX, Frisco
USA, GA, Atlanta
USA, IL, Chicago
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
We are currently seeking an experienced and multifaceted P&P (HR) Principal Project Manager to join our Strategic Planning & PMO team at Workday. This individual needs to be agile, able to move with speed, and balance between communicating frequently with senior executives while at the same time being deep into the details of the project plan. This team is the center hub for all projects related to supporting our employees, working on the most complex, most cross functional and impactful HR projects for Workday. Together we will bring problem-solving, organization, and just the right level rigor to managing projects across the HR portfolio.
About the Role
- Project Manage cross-functional and global People & Purpose (HR) projects that may span the full HR suite (Talent, Total Rewards, Recruiting, Operations, Diversity)
- Supports the development of a strategic project plan, outlining key milestones and tasks to help achieve the project objective; once plan is developed ensure the cross-functional team continues to refine and keep it current
- Identify project risks and issues and support the creation of mitigation strategies
- Identify dependencies on cross-functional teams and build connections that enable achievement of project goals
- Coordinate with the extended P&P team to ensure plans are delivered consistently across the globe with a focus on delivering a remarkable employee experience for all Workmates
- Support the development of project scoping, framing, and resourcing
- In partnership with Project Lead and Executive sponsor, develop framework for status updates, meetings, escalations that ensure accountability and achievement of project objectives
- At least 5 years of relevant and successful project management experience on highly complex projects
- Understanding connections and how to optimize for fast delivery: familiarity with concepts like design thinking or systems thinking
- Comfortable managing client relationships with senior executives in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of project lifecycle phases, project management tools and significant experience managing multiple projects to deadlines, holding others accountable, and developing and maintaining project plans with dependent efforts and major milestones
- Excellent verbal / written communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, outstanding time management and task prioritization abilities
- Able to communicate to all levels the status of the project, summarizing progress, status, risks and issues without overwhelming core team members, and providing the right level of visibility to executives
- Knowledge of HR, preferably in a Project Management based role
Workday Pay Transparency Statement – United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $155,100 – $232,700
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $129,200 – $232,700
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!