USA, VA, McLean
USA, GA, Atlanta
USA, CA, Pleasanton
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Help us expand our product offering to better support U.S. Federal customers by deepening Workday’s product capabilities to meet Federal Financial Management System requirements.
Our team works together with scrum teams to define, craft, and develop the features to meet Federal Financial Management System requirements. We collaborate with teams across Workday to synthesize the end-user experience for these features. We engage with customers to identify product solutions.
About the Role
As a Principal Product Manager, you will work with federal customers to understand their needs, interact with Engineers to bring the product to life, and learn the latest technologies to drive innovation at Workday. You will influence the product strategy and roadmap as well as manage features throughout their lifecycle from design, development, testing, delivery and adoption. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced & collaborative environment, have the desire to craft solutions for the federal financials market, and are excited to join our mission!
- 7+ years of product management or consulting experience
- 5+ years of product owner experience or working closely with product manager to translate customer and market needs into product deliverables and release support through the entire product lifecycle
- 10+ years of experience supporting, implementing, and/or developing Federal financial management systems
- BA/BS in computer science, accounting, or related field. MBA or Master’s degree is a plus
- In depth knowledge of federal financial management requirements and processes including key regulations governing Federal Financials Management and Federal Financials Management Systems and an understanding of how federal agencies, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Department of Treasury interpret and apply these concepts to the real-world operations of the Federal government
- An uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users
- Someone who thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to communicate to various stakeholders and people of varied technical ability
- Good relationship building skills with various stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Professional certification such as a Government Financial Manager (CGFM) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus
- Self-starter, ability to deliver projects on time and to high standards with minimal supervision and coaching
- Ability to work with multiple organizational and management levels and functional departments
- Ability to work with customers, product, and scrum teams to understand, develop and translate mostly technical and architectural requirements into functional solutions
- Ability to present and discuss confidential and complex financial issues in an articulate and tactful manner to high-level officials and influence their decisions
- Demonstrated understanding of federal accounting principles and practices
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!