United Kingdom, London
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Workday is looking for an inspirational sales leader to drive the continued success of our Public Sector business across the United Kingdom & Ireland. The role’s primary responsibility is to lead a team of experienced sales professionals who are responsible for driving our market-leading solutions into prospective Education and Government organisations.
About the Role
This incredible opportunity is focused on leading, coaching and mentoring a senior team of Account Executives selling Workday as a platform, across our key offerings of HCM, Financials, Business Planning and Analytics. As a highly visible leadership position within the region and as part of the regional leadership team, the role requires an individual who has proven success of consistent sales leadership within public sector and SaaS.
Successful Regional Sales Directors at Workday demonstrate a strong ability to drive account development, pipeline generation activities and run an equitable territory distribution model where team members each have the opportunity to achieve their sales goals. They will also be highly capable of developing and managing executive relationships by conducting business driven discussions, whilst also lead negotiation planning, strategy and execution.
- Actively coach, support, and lead a sales team around account coverage, territory management, demand generation and opportunity execution
- Articulate Workday’s impact on business value to C-Level executives and build relationships that drive deals to a successful conclusion
- Shape deal strategy to create new opportunities where none previously exist
- Effectively position Workday’s unique value proposition in a highly competitive market
- Drive Workday Culture and cross-group collaboration as a member of the local leadership team
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners
- Collaborate closely with our product teams to plan & execute against product roadmap initiatives & continuously identify areas to improve our solution fit within the PS & Education vertical
- Extensive experience of selling business applications into Government and/or Educational institutions
- Experience as a front line or second line sales manager
- Experience within the business applications or digital transformation marketplace, preferably ERP, Human Capital Management or Corporate Finance related
- Demonstrable results in leading teams within complex, team-based sales environments
- Proven ability in leading complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled opportunity-creating and business-transformational Account Executives
Skills and Competencies
- True passion for delivering results through others
- High level of accountability in a high growth environment
- Well above-average written and verbal communication skills
- Proven as a self-starter, fast-learner, and agent of change
- Proficiency across a variety of selling methodologies, with existing track record of coaching or teaching these skills
- Our Culture is unrivalled and “Employees first” isn’t just a mantra for us, but a way of life. Our VIBE principles have fuelled our success and innovation, our environment is safe and inclusive. We're a Comparably 'Best Company' for Women, Diversity, Culture, Work-Life Balance and Perks & Benefits!
- We lead the way with innovation and our market-leading solutions are changing the way people work for the better
- Industry leading customer satisfaction scores – truly believe in the solutions & services you are selling
- We have a sustainable growth model and have incredible growth opportunity in front of us. We're striving to double our UKI business in size
- Performance & growth culture provides a highly energized workforce who are committed to success in a collaborative manner
- Our values underpin everything we do. We put our people first, act with integrity and have great fun on the journey
- We are a best place to work as voted by numerous independent organisations
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!