Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Workday’s APJ Financials team’s purpose is to build an outstanding customer experience by delivering engaging and innovative consulting services to help customers, partners, and employees make the most of the Workday financial system.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative, and collaborative Financials Functional Consultant to join our team. In this role you will ensure the successful implementation of Workday Financials with customers through product and implementation expertise. The ideal candidate for this position should have extensive experience implementing or supporting financial systems, requirements capturing, configuration, data conversion and testing. You should be detail oriented, self motivated, proactive, results oriented and able to successfully partner with customers and your project team. Be ready to be challenged and have fun!
• Work closely with the customer's project team to design, configure and deploy their functional requirements.
• Become an authority in the Workday Financial Management product suite
• Perform the following on an engagement: understand customer business requirements, configure the Workday solution, demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems and assist in testing
• Work with the customer to help convert legacy data into Workday
• Assist the integration consulting team to configure and test integrations between Workday and third party/custom solutions
• Understand Workday’s Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
• Help mentor new consultants
• Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints
• Ensure the customer takes advantage of Workday standard methodologies and business processes
• Ensure the customer is referenceable once they are in production
• Participate in update training and other events that help share product knowledge and skills with other consultants
• Provide the Engagement Manager with status reports and keep them informed of overall project status
You have more than 6 years' of experience implementing Financial, and/or Expense Management ERP solutions (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, NetSuite, Lawson, etc.) as either a consultant or customer.
Previous consulting experience with a consulting/software company
Functional expertise in at least one of the following areas: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Procurement, Asset Management, Projects, Expense Management, Financial Reporting, or Budgeting.
Passion for customer service
Validated project management experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities.
Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
Experience deploying multiple projects simultaneously a plus
Bachelor degree or relevant experience required
Ability to communicate in Mandarin at a business level is a plus
Ability to travel up to 35% of the time where required
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!