USA, UT, Remote
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
The Student Implementation Strategy team includes both technical and functional Implementation Strategy Architects. The Technical ISA’s focus on crafting enablement content for the technical Workday Student ecosystem, identifying and solutioning for efficiency gains and potential pitfalls in deployments through critical initiatives, and providing strategic implementation support to in-flight projects. We work as a team to support each other through our ambitious assignments and have fun along the way!
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Guiding delivery teams and customer resources on making quality, educated decisions related to the technical workstreams of their deployments through high-level and detailed technical product discussions.
- Partnering with deployment approach professionals helping to shape the implementation approaches of the future.
- Collaborating with product management and development teams to remediate critical issues on strategic deployments.
- Supporting sales executives on opportunities related to strategic prospects which may need deployment strategy adjustments.
- Collaborating with other Student Technical Solution Enablement peers on solving the biggest technical challenges in our business!
- The role will be billable to projects part-time with the remaining effort being non-billable.
- At least 2 years experience implementing Workday Student, experience developing integrations to Workday or experience facilitating data conversion or experience in Advanced Reporting for Workday Student
- Customer facing consulting background required
Able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Verifiable ability to influence and lead others, to seek sophisticated solutions to critical problems, and to work independently under pressure.
- Experience with balancing multiple project assignments is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to learn new, emerging solutions and technologies for application on upcoming opportunities. (i.e. – Extend, PRISM, etc.)
- Preferred: Experience with making adjustments to implementation timelines due to deployment obstacles and challenges.
- Preferred: Significant experience in one of the areas of integrations, data conversions and reporting either as a technical consultant or via closely managing the related technical workstream.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.UT.Home Office
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $108,000 USD – $162,000 USD
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $102,600 USD – $190,000 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!