Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Do you want to join a fast-paced startup environment, working with modern technology to solve the next generation of complex problems? Would you enjoy the autonomy and agility of an innovative small team while benefiting from the financial strength of a growing market leader named in the Best Companies to Work For by Fortune?
If so, we are looking for a product manager who is passionate about collaborating within a team that is building scalable user experiences in frequent iteration with other architects and engineers. Our organization is proving out new ways of building by creating a next generation platform to support next generation applications. Our goal is to ship an entirely new product to Workday customers, and then the sky’s the limit! Could this be you? If so, read on.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated product manager to help build a modern, cloud-native platform that enables smooth and efficient business application development and deployment.
- Drive technological innovation in a sophisticated and constantly evolving problem space
- Collaborate easily with internal partners, customers, and engineering teams to craft requirements that drive the overall capabilities of the platform and the building of business applications
- Represent the customer and be data-driven when evaluating development decisions with engineering teams through design, testing and product/feature release
- Understands how the details fit into the big picture, and influences product direction. Applies deep understanding of customer product usage to provide input to the organization on realized gains and product differentiation.
- Gather, prioritize, and define requirements into an executable backlog of epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Characteristics of the role include:
- Project Management – accountable for the breaking down large pieces of work into smaller chunks; works with the team to drive execution through to delivery
- Influencing – Being the central point for decision capture and prioritization; ensure functional and technical alignment towards a common goal
- Communication – Adjust communication method to audience and keep management advised
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, Product Owner, or other equivalent role.
- Ability to influence, lead, and collaborate across multiple technical and product teams
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent
- Hands-on experience building non-trivial systems in the cloud (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Working knowledge BPMN, FEEL, Workflow, Security, deploy infra, java, Postgres, graphQL
- Strength working within multi-functional teams using agile delivery
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to clearly prioritize and articulate product requirements, as well as develop a vision and strategy for area of ownership
- Ability to break down complex concepts and distill requirements that meet customer needs
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, exceptional communication and presentation skills, and validated ability to lead and deliver projects within a given timeline and budget.
- You are comfortable working in a “startup” environment (i.e., fast paced, small teams, open questions).
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!