Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Australia, NSW, North Sydney
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The Solution Architecture team is essential to the success of Workday’s Presales organization. We serve as the connection between Sales, Product, Services, and Marketing, helping showcase our solutions to audiences across the globe. At Workday, Solution Architects think creatively and strategically with the goal of bringing innovative demos to life. This helps customers to visualise their business with Workday!
About the Role
Workday is looking for an experienced HCM professional to join the Solution Architect team.
- Develop compelling demo solutions that showcase Workday HCM Platform
- Prototype use cases leveraging Workday’s products, tools and technology.
- Proactively learn the functionality of new Workday product updates
- Deliver enablement/training to Solution Consultants and Enterprise Architects
- Present solutions for internal Workday audiences as well as external audiences during marketing events.
- Identify dependencies on cross-functional teams and build connections that enable achievement of projects and initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiency to scale the build and deployment process of demo solutions.
- Provide thought leadership, innovation and relevant demo content to Presales enabling the delivery of effective, compelling demonstrations every day.
You can demonstrate:
- Experience with Workday or similar HR cloud applications.
- HCM domain expertise, preferably experience across HCM, Compensation, Talent and Learning
- You’re a confident communicator (verbally and in writing), who collaborates effectively with people at all levels and varying technical ability
- Someone who is passionate about problem-solving and has strong analytical skills is ideally suited
- Love to learn and can effectively absorb new technology and features
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously to find workarounds and solutions, but knows when to ask for help.
- You’re accustomed to the pressure related to resolution timeframes and conflicting/results-oriented priorities that require multitasking
- An excellent teammate who will establish relationships across the organization and company to continue improving the way we serve our customers.
- 3+ years of functional knowledge/experience gained through roles such as Consulting, Human Resources practitioner, and/or have a background in HRIS or enterprise application implementation of Workday product suite.
- Ability to travel periodically for team meetings and Presales/Sales events
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!