Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Join a growing Deal Management team at one of Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For! In this role, you will price quotes, structure deals and support strategic and operational decision-making in a fast-growing technology company.
About the Role
The focus of this role will be to support Workday's Sales organization from a deal strategy and operational efficiency standpoint! Success in the role requires a combined team approach, critical thinking to proactively identify new and different approaches to structure deals. We have the ability to work across organizations as a trusted advisor to help an Account Executive grow a deal through the sales cycle efficiently. The Deal Manager ensures accurate pricing goes out to prospects, and commercial term documents are negotiated to yield the most mutually beneficial agreements for prospects and Workday.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3 to 5 years total experience with at least one year experience in a sales/deal support role
- Quote to Cash lifecycle experience working on a deal desk/sales operations team with direct field sales support.
- An understanding of general software pricing models, knowledge of SaaS pricing and licensing models a definite plus.
- Ability to interpret, clearly articulate, and handle objections related to Workday subscription policies and commercial terms.
- Preferred Applications: SFDC (other CRMs ok), moderate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with prior experience with data modeling.
- Standout colleague: experience working across functions to deliver client facing proposals
- Comfortable engaging with cross-functional teams to ensure the best possible support for the sales team & deal cycles
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!