USA, TX, Austin
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it’s what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
The Professional Services Sr. Financial Implementation Consultant will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution for our Healthcare customers. Providing Workday product and implementation expertise to their engagements. Understanding their clients business requirements and help configure and test the Workday solution. The Sr. Financial Consultant will take direction and provide status to the Engagement Manager assigned to their project.
About the Role
The Sr. Financial Implementation Consultant will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of Workday’s Finance solution for our healthcare customers while adhering to best practices. The Sr. Financial Implementation Consultant will provide Workday product and implementation expertise to their engagements by primarily serving as an architect on the Workday project team. This role is also responsible for ensuring Financials solution alignment with other functional areas.
Hybrid working position. Candidates need to be commutable to a Workday office.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Contribute and help maintain healthcare best practices to reflect new industry requirements and trends.
- Understand client business requirements and consult to provide and configure the Workday solution. Demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems and assist the client in testing.
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Participate in update training and other events that help share one’s product skills with other consultants.
- Provide the Engagement Manager with status reports and keep them informed of overall project status.
- Mentor junior consultants.
- 6+ years of financial consulting experience
- Experience with Workday, Lawson, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, or similar applications.
- Experience with General Ledger along with one or more of the following: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, Expense Management and Banking & Settlement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience – preferably in Finance or Accounting
- 6+ years of financial consulting experience with at least 2 full-cycle healthcare industry implementations OR 6+ years of financial or accounting operational experience in healthcare organizations.
- Implementation or operational experience with Workday, Lawson, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, or similar applications.
- Passion for customer service and project management experience
- Experience architecting Workday Foundation Data Model (FDM)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of customer/prospect leadership
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Experience with multiple financial applications and/or Grants Management.
- Ability to handle multiple project engagements at a time
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact [email protected] to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!