Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
This is an excellent opportunity to join our expanding team, and become a key leader in growing our Agile Capabilities throughout Workday. If you are passionate about guiding teams toward higher agility and driving organizational excellence, we invite you to apply
About the Role
In this role you will use your passion for improvement to help the team and surrounding organization experiment and find new ways to deliver value to users.
- Coach teams, Scrum Masters and Product Owners in effective Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Foster a collaborative, high trust environment that encourages open communication, knowledge sharing and experimentation.
- Guide teams in adopting and adapting Agile practices to their specific context while promoting self-organization and accountability.
- Monitor team performance metrics and provide useful insights to drive iterative improvement.
- Identify and address potential roadblocks to agility, promoting a culture of learning and experimenting.
- Coaching and Mentoring others in Agile practices: User Stories, Story mapping, Value Stream Mapping, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing and Automated Testing.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to assess their current agility maturity and develop customized experiments for improvement.
- Collaborate with leadership to align Agile practices with overall business goals and objectives.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Team Agility Coach to guide and enhance our teams agility and performance. You will play a pivotal role in fostering a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and adaptability. Your expertise will drive the successful implementation of Agile methodologies, ensuring teams deliver high quality results with speed and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Agile Coach (CAC), or equivalent Agile Certifications
- An experienced (at least 2-3 years) Agile Coach, Scrum Master, or similar role in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of various Agile frameworks, methodologies, and principles.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and coaching skills.
- Proven track record working optimally with agile teams and at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in using Agile management tools and software, especially JIRA.
- Analytical attitude with the ability to identify process inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
- Flexibility to adapt to different team dynamics and organizational contexts.
- Knowledge and experience in other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban
- Tool expertise including Confluence, Office365, and Google Enterprise
- Engagement in or the setting up of a Community of Practice
- Participation/involvement in Agile/Lean community
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!