Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Workday’s Integration Consulting teams are driven by a passion for our products and the success of our customers in implementing our best-in-class cloud solutions. We’re a diverse group of people with an invaluable mix of experience and backgrounds, located across multiple locations within the region.
About the Role
Our team promotes Workday’s core values with ‘Employees’ being the first of them. Therefore we:
- Offer flexible work schedules.
- Empower you to follow your desired career path & achieve professional and personal goals
- Encourage work-life balance and wellbeing.
- Are proud to champion equal opportunities for everyone.
We are looking for someone to join our team who is eager to learn with a creative mindset, support their colleagues and have fun.
As a member of the Technical Consulting team, you’ll play a key role in the end-to-end deployment of technical system integrations between a customer’s Workday system and their 3rd party enterprise architecture. Using Workday’s own enterprise-class ESB technology, you will convert technical integration requirements to appropriate architectural decisions in Workday and build, test and ultimately deploy those integrations into production.
You will also support broader technical project discussions around general integration Enterprise Architecture best-practices, application security concepts and system authentication. Typically, you’ll be working on multiple customer deployments and have a great deal of autonomy around how you manage those different workloads each week.
What you will achieve in your first 12 – 24 months
Here are some of the activities you will experience in your Workday career journey:
- Month 1 – you’ll complete the instructor lead Workday Core Integration & Practical Certification training, and within your first 6 months, you’ll undertake further Specialist Certification training
- Once Certified, you’ll supplement your initial product learnings through active project engagements.
- Gather and understand your clients’ business requirements and demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems.
- Configure and test the Workday solution under the guidance of an Engagement Manager and Integration Lead. Depending on existing project experience you may even lead your own projects, working with an experienced Workday Integration Architect who will cover the technical product and mentor you in key architectural concepts and best-practice.
- Provide the Engagement Manager or Integration Lead with status reports and keep them apprised of overall project status.
- Assist the functional consulting team in helping to configure and test integrations which overlap with functional design or business process operations.
- Ensure the client is reference-able once in production.
- You will become efficient at processing and analysing complex information, making strategic decisions, and delivering innovative solutions.
- Participate in update training and other events that help share one’s product skills with other consultants.
- You will work collaboratively with cross functional teams, share your knowledge and coach new team members
This role will require an equal mix of business-facing and technical development skill sets (we’re business consultants who also design and code the solutions) so if you have existing or transferable experience in any of the following areas then then we’d love to hear from you:
- Language Skills: English and at least one of the following languages: German, French, Italian or Spanish. Other European languages will be considered.
- Experience in Consulting, either as an Internal Consultant or with a Consulting/Software Company.
- Financials software application experience (Core Financials, AP/AR, G/L, Banking),
- Prior experience in middleware experience such as MuleSoft, SnapLogic, SAP PI/PO, etc.
- Prior coding experience in areas such as: Web Development (Backend), Web Services, SOAP, REST, XML, XSLT, Java, .NET or other relevant technologies
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (under typical circumstances)
- Relevant Educational qualifications and/or professional Finance experience in software, IT projects, application development, Implementation, or support.
- Understanding of integration patterns, data manipulation and transmission, including optimisation for creating maximum efficiencies in speed and performance.
- Business Analysis and Requirements Gathering skills.
- A detailed-driven problem solver, with a passion for delivering exceptional levels of Customer Service.
- A strong presenter with excellent verbal and written Communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn technology quickly through a mix of different mediums.
- Resourceful and adaptable, autonomous
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!