Cloud Systems Administrator II (Workday)
Enterprise Cloud Systems
Worcester Polytechnic Institute – WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Cloud Systems, the Cloud Systems Administrator II (Workday) will serve as a system administrator for Workday, overseeing tenant configuration, security administration, and release planning.
The CSA II (Workday) will provide primary support for the Workday HCM module and secondary support for other functional areas within Workday, including Finance and Student. This role requires good decision-making skills, and motivated self-learning. The CSA II (Workday) will support critical applications and initiatives across WPI, including Workday and Salesforce. The CSA II will provide technical support and troubleshoot issues with applications and integrations. The successful candidate will use keen analytical insight and business judgment to identify a problem’s root cause and propose practical solutions to meet business needs. The CSA II will help business offices manage outstanding requests and enhancements, ensuring the most urgent needs of the institution are being addressed.
Information Technology (IT) collaborates with the WPI community to meet academic, research, campus life, and administrative needs for technology and access on a global scale. IT promotes innovation to deliver an advanced technology infrastructure, security and access management, integrated data systems, and user-centric support services. Join our Information Technology team and help us enable another one-hundred fifty years of WPI’s success.
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance, and much more. WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Serve as a Workday system administrator, overseeing tenant configuration, security administration, and release planning.
• Support Salesforce administration and troubleshoot issues.
• Independently triage complex issues and requests; perform necessary research to find solutions to best meet business needs.
• Help teams determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; and evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Monitor and report project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; and recommending actions.
• Support business offices in the resolution of issues or problems with enterprise systems.
• Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing service desk support; and training users.
• Manage the design, maintenance, and execution of testing strategies and plans in support of multiple initiatives.
• Identify and document problems during testing and coordinate corrective action.
• Work with stakeholders and project management teams to document deliverables and requirements for multiple functional and IT areas throughout WPI.
• Manage the requirements lifecycle for all initiatives in which the CSA II participates.
• Build effective working relationships with members of the WPI community.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 3 years related experience is required; Workday or Salesforce experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working independently to identify root cause and resolve complex technical issues.
• Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering.
• Demonstrated understanding of higher-education business processes preferred.
• Experience in business process documentation and design using standard modeling.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and project management methodologies.
• Ability to perform requirements fit/gap analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to translate, define, and document to functional specifications.
• Knowledge and experience in developing, maintaining, and leading the testing lifecycle of a major implementation.
• Workday and Salesforce implementation experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills to both business and technical audiences.
• Demonstrated collaboration experience with business units, technical staff, and implementation partners.
• Self-motivated with critical thinking abilities and leadership skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office products including PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to share knowledge and help others improve.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.