Director, HR Talent Operations
Talent & Inclusion Division
Worcester Polytechnic Institute – WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Vice President, Talent & Inclusion, the Director, HR Talent Operations is responsible for leading WPI’s efforts in HRIS, Compensation, Benefits and Compliance. This position will play a key role for HR project oversight and program delivery, and bring in-depth understanding of external best-practices and innovative trends to apply them to all areas of HR Operations.
- Provides pragmatic and innovative vision and leadership to HR Operations functions that focuses on the whole employee and positively impacts business results.
- Leads the strategy, research, development, plan design and execution of all compensation, benefits, HRIS and compliance programs.
- Responsible for annual employee compensation activities, including the merit review cycle, executive compensation review, executive incentive program, promotions, and equity adjustments.
- Establishes key compensation and benefit program metrics to determine effectiveness of WPI’s total rewards strategy. Provides regular reviews and reporting on progress against metrics.
- Contributes fully as a member of the Talent & Inclusion leadership team to address business issues with relevant HR strategies – even when outside the traditional scope of responsibilities.
- Collaborates with the VP, Talent & Inclusion to create divisional dashboards, annual, quarterly and routine reports, and data collection and analysis related to Human Capital Management.
- Responsible for the data integrity of all employee data and provides analytics and reports to management and HR talent partners as required.
- Collaborates with VP, T&I for the selection and ongoing management of all vendors, brokers, and administrative partners in support of WPI’s HRIS, Compensation, Benefits and wellness programs.
- Takes lead role to identify and implement programs, practices and systems to optimize efficiency for the T&I team.
- Manages all compliance related reporting including but not limited to: MA Pay Equity Act, AAP, EEO-1, I-9 and VETS 4212 reporting, and ADA.
- Oversees the benefits management team and administration of the 403(b) plan and execution of 403(b) plan audit. Is a member of the 403(b) Investment Committee and oversees the ongoing review of the plan and all appropriate education and employee communications.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure WPI’s compliance.
- Prepares annual budget for HR Operations and manages expenditures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other related field required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive responsibility in HRIS, HR operations, compensation, benefits, and 403(b) plan administration. Experience to include analysis, plan design and program administration: 3-5 years in proven leadership roles.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading Workday implementation and optimization highly desirable.
- Experience with Total Rewards components; base and incentive pay, work/life benefits, base and ancillary benefits, market pricing and pay for performance required.
- Prior experience working with Compensation Committees on executive compensation strategies and administration preferred.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong project management, organizational, problem-solving, and presentation, skills required.
- Must possess a record of personal and professional integrity; understanding of change management; strong communication skills; and a commitment to cultural diversity and customer service.
- Self-starter and influencer who can easily flex and pivot when priorities change and is able to deliver against established timelines and priorities.
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to analyze data to influence decision making.
- Excellent working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office products with strong Excel capabilities, HRIS (preferably Workday), and compensation tools (PayFactors preferred), and surveys.
- Sound knowledge of the Regulatory and Legislative imperatives and impacts related to Total Rewards programs (FLSA, ERISA, 409A, HIPAA, etc.).
Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI’s response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.