Remote, United States of America
**Will Consider Candidates Seeking Remote Opportunities**
Come join our amazing global total rewards team! In this role you will be responsible for the design, administration, and communication of executive compensation programs; and the design and strategy of stock programs! Preparing materials and presentations for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. Effectively communicating and leading consultation with key executives, Legal, Finance and outside consulting firms as necessary. Lead compensation projects and initiatives involving multiple stakeholders with significant strategic and financial impact, partnering with other total rewards team members.
- Prepare materials for meetings of the Compensation Committee of the Board throughout the year. Research and recommend agenda items for the Compensation committee, including making recommendations to senior management and preparing meeting materials.
- Manage executive compensation, including executive benchmarking, salary increases, short-term incentives, long-term incentives, key metric tracking, stockholder ownership guidelines, executive severance, and other executive policies.
- Provide non-executive compensation consulting and thought leadership to assigned business leaders and business functions in close partnership with HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition.
- Manage share forecasts and grant approval process with cross-functional teams including Finance, Legal, Stock Administration teams.
- Maintain awareness of the latest trends and regulations regarding executive compensation. And partner with the Head of Global Total Rewards to proactively recommend improvements or changes to current executive compensation programs, policies and processes for both immediate and long-term objectives.
- Consult with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team and Hiring Managers to build competitive offer packages for key strategic executive hires. Review and approve executive offer packages to ensure competitiveness and compliance with governance guidelines.
- Develop compensation education and ensure effective communication/promotion of the company’s executive compensation programs and practices to key partners, employees & candidates globally.
- Create models to test and refine executive incentive plans under various business scenarios and present findings to senior management. Partner with our sales compensation team for commissioned executives.
- In collaboration with Legal, prepare executive compensation materials and documentation necessary for required filings, the annual proxy statement and annual shareholder meeting.
- Partner with Finance on executive compensation budget, tax and accounting issues.
- Participate in benchmarking forums, maintain executive compensation policies and procedures and prepare compensation related communications.
- Recommend process improvements including building salary ranges and guidelines and implementing new systems and tools.
- Partner with global colleagues on cross-functional projects, such as M&A support and stock plan administration, and HRIS systems implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 10+ years related compensation experience; global experience in a global technology company is highly desired.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to cultivate and sustain positive relationships with internal and external clients and colleagues.
- Strong business partnership, customer service and process improvement orientation; excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Excellent analytical, project management, interpersonal and influencing skills; strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive and sustain operational excellence including automating processes, partnering with our stock administration and HRIS teams
- Strong knowledge of US state and federal laws pertaining to compensation; working knowledge of global regulations.
- Advanced Excel plus strong Word and PowerPoint skills; experience with Workday & PayFactors a plus.
- Ability to travel, in the future, quarterly to support Compensation Committee meetings
About Zendesk – Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
U.S. Applicants Only: Consistent with Zendesk’s emphasis on employee wellness and our shared interest in public health, Zendesk requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Zendesk will consider accommodations for reasons recognized by applicable law. Zendesk prohibits discrimination and will not tolerate discrimination based on a person’s disability, physical or mental conditions, religion, or any other status protected by law.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.