ME-Benito Juárez Mexico City-Insurgentes Sur 601
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
Champion People – be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.
Grow with purpose – Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.
Be Alight – act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com.
The Associate Manager will perform responsibilities as both a People Manager and Workday project lead. In partnership with other leadership.
As a manger, they will you will be manager of 5-8 direct reports, helping develop and execute on the plan for their career growth and day to day work management
As a project lead you primarily responsible for ensuring timely and quality execution of client deliverables and consulting with clients on Workday projects. Possesses a broad understanding of cross functional touchpoints and their impacts within the Workday system to effectively develop solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains or clients. Consults without supervision on complex projects, and/or lead Medium Enterprise or Large Enterprise projects depending on domain area(s) specialty. Participates in client sales meetings as Subject Matter Expert.
Additionally you will be responsible for providing mentorship and support to the team of Workday Consultants located in the Mexico City area.
People Manager Based:
- Assists colleagues in goal setting, solicits 360 feedback, assesses performance, provides feedback to colleagues, and reviews compensation periodically to ensure competitiveness, per business requirements.
- Conducts at least monthly one-on-one performance and coaching discussions with team members
- Executes onboarding plan for the new hires with a focus on increasing the certification pass rate and accelerating assimilation.
- Provides input to manager and Resource Management on project staffing to ensure project assignments are properly aligned to team members’ skill sets and personal preferences.
- Ensures the team's individual internal resumes, forecasts and timecards are accurately maintained and up to date.
- Demonstrates leadership and provides mentoring to the team as they grow their functional, technical, and consulting skills.
- Provides guidance and leadership to help team members manage and prioritize project assignments and develops best practices.
- Advises and executes continuous development opportunities for team members.
- Recommends and coaches team on internal project assignments.
- Partners with his/her Manager to execute an effective communication strategy including, but not limited to, team meetings and one-on-ones.
- Cascades information to team members via appropriate channels.
- Partners with his/her Manager on development of management skills and change management strategies, when necessary.
- Independently consults with external clients and participates in all stages of the Workday project lifecycle, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment for Workday HCM application by developing solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains or clients.
- Effectively leads small to large client deliverables from start to finish across multiple, concurrent projects utilizing Alight’s quality standards and consulting methodology.
- Integrates with other areas across Alight and functions to provide a complete solution.
- Consults on impact of decisions to operating post-implementation and downstream systems.
- Manages self and team member(s) work to project scope, timeline and budget. Coordinates with others when applicable.
- Listens to client request, assesses actual client need, provides subjective matter expertise, proposes alternatives, and recommends solution(s). Depending on scope of project, may coach team members to execute same.
- Frequently discusses, and can articulate to clients, lessons learned from previous client experience, Workday best practices as well as Alight's Point of View. Depending on scope of project, may coach team members to execute same.
- Proactively identifies trouble spots for client and recommends solutions.
- Significantly contributes to the development of internal resources via mentoring, coaching, and directing work.
- Participates in and may lead internal business initiatives to assist the organization in building our Alight brand and collateral, including but not limited to internal domain groups, chats and training.
- Participates in building the Alight Brand by participating in Workday ecosystem product groups/chats and contributes advanced thinking and sharing of ideas within the ecosystem.
- Becomes an expert in the Workday product suite with a broad-based knowledge of human capital management or financials, while also being able to architect solutions within specific area(s).
- Develops working relationships with other members of project team and management as well as external clients. Shares knowledge and information through regular communications and facilitation.
- Uses strong presentation, communication, listening and consultative skills to guide and drive discussions.
- Participates in client sales meetings, assisting with collateral creation where needed.
- Creates work estimates and solutions for small to large bodies of work.
Additional Expectations and Duties
- Willingness to work from Alight office in Mexico CIty 3 days per week on average
- Travel to client site for meeting in North America as needed, less then 25% travel expected.
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Skills & Technical Proficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical, business, or financial discipline
- Workday HCM certification required at the time of hire as well as on-going successful re-certification is a requirement of the role
- Additional Workday certifications may be required
- Proven consultative skills to guide client and internal discussions to agreement of solutions in a timely manner
- Experience implementing complex, practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Ability to be effectively and actively engage on multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to prioritize and organize increasingly complex work to ensure overall timeliness and quality standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Proven experience working creatively and analytically in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibits problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting issues and escalates as appropriate
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, including clear articulation of complex messages and requirements
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client satisfaction
- Proven experience demonstrating initiative and curiosity to build skills in other areas by leveraging available trainings and Workday documentation
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and “Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs” 5 years in a row.
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it’s important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.