Workday Senior Manager
Lead a team of functional and technical experts responsible for Booz Allen’s Human Capital Management system, Workday. Lead the design and continuous improvement of Workday and other People Technologies to support the evolution of business needs and technology capabilities. Engage with stakeholders across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and backlog prioritization. Execute on product roadmaps. Maintain responsibility for leading discussions with the business to elicit system improvements, translate functional requirements into technical specifications, and devise the best technical solution for integrations and configurations to ensure system operability and scalability. Leverage best practices to maintain and modernize system. Oversee the development of integrations between Workday and other internal and external systems within Booz Allen ecosystem. Review technical and business needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks. Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required.
- 10+ years of experience as a technical lead for a Human Capital Management system and solutions, including employee life cycle business processes from hire to retire
- 5+ years of experience with Workday Product Management
- Knowledge of the full employee life cycle including hire to retire, security, audit, compliance and reporting
- Ability to function as an Advisory Consultant for technology solutions to meet the firm's business needs
- Ability to collaborate closely with functional stakeholders, end users, and leads on configuration and solutioning within Workday
- Ability to function as coach and mentor to team members
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Payroll, CRM, Relocation, and other People technologies and solutions
- Experience with data lake platform for integrated reporting
- Experience with various project delivery management tools and techniques, including JIRA, Aha! and Smartsheet
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts
- Possession of excellent leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including giving presentations to business and technical leaders
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $118,000.00 to $220,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.