US-DC Washington DC
Senior Payroll Analyst
CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings for our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed, and perfected our approach to our business, creating platforms that have become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
At CoStar Group, our finance group centralizes transaction processes, providing accurate reporting, financial resolutions, and proper forecasting analysis. Joining the team offers access to financial specializations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash and asset management, client contracts and billing, payroll, and revenue recognition.
We are currently seeking a Senior Payroll Analyst to join our team in our Washington, DC headquarters. This role would interact the entire organization, including global offices, in supporting the payroll process for over 5,800 employees within the US and 13 international countries.
- Support the accurate and timely bi‐weekly and monthly payroll process for more than 5,800 employees in the US and 13 international countries.
- Support the payroll input process to include building, uploading files and manual inputs in the Workday HCM and Payroll system.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Benefits on payroll impacting transactions such as leave of absences, retro benefit premium deductions, 401k loans, etc.
- Complete post processing tasks such as settlement, vendor integrations, journal entries and reconciliations.
- Manage the time entry process to include outreach to employees and managers to ensure hourly employees are paid accurately and timely.
- Maintain full life cycle garnishment processing to include system inputs, communication to employees, responding answers/interrogatories, etc.
- Participate in projects such as ongoing process improvements and new feature adoption in Workday.
- Maintain process maps and documentation; update as processes evolve.
- Serve as primary lead for specialized tasks such as stock awards/option exercises, SEC filings, and/or sales commission payments.
- Oversee quarterly reconciliations and filings for all taxes as well as support for year-end activities such as annual tax filings, reconciliations, and W‐2 generation.
- Provide excellent customer service to CoStar employees, responding to payroll related questions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of employee records including compensation details and personal information.
- Promotes and encourages a collaborative working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited, not-for-profit University or College.
- A track record of commitment to prior employers.
- 8+ years' experience in Payroll or related field or relevant Master's with 6 years' experience in Payroll
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel (must be able to conduct data analysis, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables)
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience, ideally including an outsourced provider.
- Experience using HRIS/HCM platforms such as Workday, TMF, ADP
- APA (American Payroll Association) CPP or FPC Certification preferred.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 5,800 worldwide.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug.
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance.
- Commuter and parking benefits.
- 401(K) retirement plans with matching contributions.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day.
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks.
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it — see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing