HR Officer, Payroll
About the role:
As a team member of the HR team, you will support with a focus on achieving operational efficiencies through continuous improvement and alignment in ways of working.
The role reports to Head of HR, Business Services, Greater China.
What this job involves
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end payroll activities with payroll vendor for JLL entities to ensure timely Salary payout for all employees (including active employees and all leavers). This includes Overtime Pay, Annual Bonuses, Commissions, Allowances, One Time Payments, various deductions (statutory deductions, insurance, benefits premiums, and other payroll deductions), and etc. either in the schedule pay cycle or off-cycle.
- You will monitor, co-ordinate and liaise all payroll events and activities, i.e., Social Insurance and Housing Fund submission, Tax Clearance, etc. required with the relevant authorities to ensure controls and compliance are aligned with local laws and regulations with regards to payout.
- You will be involved or required to lead in either JLL HR initiatives that result in Salary payout (i.e., annual performance bonuses, etc.) or as required by local regulators, i.e., Employee Annual Tax Reporting, etc.
- You will be required to improve internal payroll activities or processes to ensure they meet JLL payroll controls or compliance with local regulators with the aim of achieve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure data in our HRIS systems are accurate and up to date to support various HR reporting and data collections. Escalate gaps and help co-ordinate with respective stakeholders to correct and update the data in the systems.
- HR deals with sensitive information, hence it is important to ensure its protection when exchanging it within and outside HR.
- Involve in efforts to gather data, consolidate, and consult internal HR professionals to complete surveys or questionnaires as part of regulatory reporting.
- Prepare monthly payments and reconciliations of payroll and resolve payroll discrepancies. Prepare required ad-hoc and standardized reports and support other projects and operation related to payroll
- Responsible for managing commercial insurance and statutory insurance for new hires and leavers.
- Leave management and maintain Workday data.
- Provide local supports to HRBP/HRAs on HR related things/projects and build good relationships with key stakeholders to ensure all processes/ priorities are handled smoothly.
Sounds like you? To apply you need/need to be:
Education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- At least 3 years in a corporate HR support or HR Shared Services.
- Strong technical, analytics, business, and financial acumen, with the ability to analyze complex data, draw conclusions and recommendations
- Excellent working knowledge of data management best practices and standards
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical resources
- Passionate about team work and providing excellent customer service through efficient processes
- Understanding of core HR processes and HR management practices
- Results focused with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Proactive in achieving results and seeking improvements
- Attention to detail and an ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Excellent customer relationship skills and ability to listen and communicate well at all levels of the company
- Good organization and prioritization skills to facilitate working across multiple projects
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions, translate complex into simple
- High degree of professional judgment, professional maturity, integrity, credibility
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [email protected]. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.