TN – Nashville – Loews Vanderbilt Hotel
Immerse yourself in old and new Nashville at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel – your stage for exploring the vibrant city we call home. Located minutes away from some of the city’s most renowned attractions, Nashville is never short on things to see and do. Welcome to our kind of Southern Hospitality.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages the recruiting, selection, and placement activities to identify and employ top talent candidates for hourly, supervisory, and leadership roles.
- Builds a network of qualified candidates through diversity efforts, social media, and networking for current and future opportunities.
- Builds relationships with leaders on property to better understand property needs and “soft skills” tied to open positions.
- Support and assist with the utilization of talent assessment and selection tools.
- Assists in developing a recruitment strategy and recruiting staff. Utilize various sources to assist in this process, ensuring affirmative action compliance.
- Assists in maintaining up-to-date staffing guides and ensuring their adherence.
- Assist in monitoring and approving internal transfers, and promotions.
- Assists the director in administering salaries and wages and preparing annual wage surveys. Makes suggestions for wage changes as industry trends shift.
- Assists the director in preparing monthly labor turnover report, charting trends and developing solutions, changes, or new recruitment strategies as necessary.
- Assists with training all managers in HR policies and procedures, including the proper usage of all Human Resources forms.
- Ensures a successful onboarding experience for all newly hired Team Members to include Hotel Orientation, stay interviews, and acclimation to their department.
- Assists with implementation of customer service training for all Team Members
- Tracks all new hire checklists, files accordingly, and maintains accurate records
- Maintains and schedules monthly training calendar based on hotel needs
- Coordinates annual open enrollment communications and meetings, Health and Safety Fair, and employee events and celebrations.
- Ensures that all internal communications fall within brand identity guidelines, when appropriate.
- Assists director in ensuring local compliance with all Loews Corporate Human Resources policies and practices.
- Assists with the FMLA/LOA process, trains managers and supervisors on FMLA Law and hotel processes.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with the administration of all workers’ compensation claims and requests for modified work accommodation.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with team member issues, terminations/investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
- Interviews, trains, praises, coaches, counsels, and disciplines according to Loews Hotels & Co standards.
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management, and employees.
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times.
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions.
- Maintains clean and excellent condition of equipment and work area.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Complies with hotel safety regulations and procedures.
- Complies with hotel standards, policies, and rules.
- Remains current on hotel information and changes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within Human Resources, preferably in a Human Resources or Recruitment Manger role in a hotel or resort setting.
- Prior experience with full cycle recruitment, hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated computer/technological skill proficiency, specifically with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), ATS, and Social Media Platforms. Experience with Workday a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- Exceptional networking and strong connections for sourcing talent.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems by utilizing an understanding of HR laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor degree in a related field or comparable experience.