Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
I FEEL really LUCKY to be SURROUNDED by SUCH a GREAT TEAM. I’m not only GRATEFUL that they’ve HELPED me ACHIEVE my GOALS, but also that I CAN GIVE them a PLACE WHERE THEY can ACHIEVE theirs."
– MICHAEL KORS –
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Manager (Temporary 12 months) in our London office.
The HR Operations provides First Point of Contact – Generalist HR assistance to the Specific Markets. This includes overseeing the timely administration of new starter contracts, leavers, letters, timely and accurate coordination of payroll processes for the Region, sickness and holiday administration, maintaining HRIS database / spreadsheets, and advising the business on common ER queries in line with local HR policies. The HR Operations is also supporting the Health & Safety aspects in the office and manage employee engagement events. This Department is involved in projects and liaise with various stakeholders in other offices or sites.
What You’ll Do:
You will be responsible for delivering an excellent customer service to employees and business stakeholders. Be in charge for the efficient, accurate, compliant and timely processing of all HR operational tasks in their hub (cluster of markets). This is referring, but not limited, to all administrative HR tasks (day-to-day and periodically), projects, implementation and roll-out of new policies and procedures or new legal requirements.
You will continuously seek opportunities / build action plans to improve efficiency and productivity. For alignment with the company’s strategic approach the position holder will liaise with all HR Centers of Expertise and HR Business Partners EMEA. You will act as a Brand Ambassador in the hub by providing exceptional customer experience with their team, anticipating the customers’ needs by partnering with Line Managers and ensuring accessibility, quality results and professional advice to employees.
The Northern European area includes the following markets: UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria. The total number of employees (customers!) is around 1200 heads.
- Ensure employment legal compliance in the 7 countries in scope
- Ensure smooth, timely and accurate processing and delivery of all administrative HR tasks such as but not limited to contracts, forms, written references, absence tracking, exit documents
- Supervise the monthly payroll input process
- Work very closely with the payroll manager of the region to ensure accuracy and deliver great customer experience
- Produce accuracy metrics on a monthly basis
- Ensure HR systems (Workday and T&A systems) are accurately maintained and serve as a source of truth for the business and other departments
- Own new T&A systems implementation in Austria and Germany
- Ensure Occupational health requirements are fully implemented and monitored
- Support HRBPs and people managers in understanding local legal requirements
- Work very closely with our Centre of Expertise (e.g. TA, Total Rewards, L&D, Internal Comms) to deliver an excellent employee experience
- Provide first level support on ER cases, work closely with the HRBP in managing complex ones
- Manage the relations with local authorities, unions, employer’s associations as needed
- Manage and develop a team of 5 people (3 advisors and 3 administrators)
- Work collaboratively with the other two HR ops managers in the EMEA region in structuring consistent processes across all countries
- Implement and review policies and procedures as needed
You’ll Need to Have:
- Proven international HR experience as a generalist with strong knowledge of labour regulations (UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria)
- Customer centric approach
- Structured way of working, process thinking as well as a hands-on mentality
- Solutions driven with the ability to adapt and flex as needed
- Able to challenge the “Status quo” and be able to optimize processes
- High level of resilience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to build relations with senior leaders
- Optimistic leader able to spread energy inside the team
- People manager experience is essential
- Previous experience with Workday and T&A systems
- Payroll background is a plus
- Retail experience is a plus
- Fluency in English, German language is a plus
We’d Love to See:
- Drive Results
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Our purpose is to make all employees and customers #FeelGreat with Michael Kors. When you join our business, we want you to feel like a valued member of the team from Day 1. To make your journey enriching with us, we offer –
- Cross-brand Discount
- Exclusive Employee Sales
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous Holiday Schedule and Vacation Days
- Summer Fridays
- Internal mobility across Capri Brands (Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Versace)
- Hybrid working (3 days a week in the office)
- Flexible working hours
- Thrive Wellness Program
- LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program
- Pension Contribution
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Private Health and Dental
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V