Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university a great place to work.
The USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences is seeking a Resource Employee in the Welcome Center at the Dornsife Business Office. The largest and oldest of the USC schools, USC Dornsife functions as the academic core of the university, offering courses and advancing knowledge across the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
If you enjoy interacting with a dynamic group of people, embrace challenge, and have a positive and team-oriented Fight On spirit, do not miss this exciting career opportunity! In this role, you will have an opportunity to deliver top-notch customer service to the college’s faculty, staff and students through our Welcome Center as you support the hiring process for both domestic and international hires.
- This role responds to a variety of in-person customer inquiries and concerns at our front counter, incoming customer telephone calls, emails and other inquiries. As a Resource Employee, you will be facilitating the onboarding process for Dornsife Faculty, Staff, Postdoctoral and Student hires.
- Main duties include completion of form I-9, assisting with international work authorization paperwork within our Glacier system, validation of entries into Workday system of record; will also work closely with HR/Payroll analysts and other pertinent business office units as applicable.
- Ability to review documents for accuracy and completeness is essential.
- This candidate should have at least one (1) year of I-9 processing and onboarding experience, preferably with a related educational background.
- The right candidate thrives in a diverse, high-volume and fast-paced environment and possesses creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Knowledge of and experience in Workday software, payroll/HR, and experience in an academic environment is preferred but not required.
Hourly range: The hourly rate range for this position is $26.45-$29.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Required Documents and Additional Information:
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable regulations
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report
Certain positions are subject to background screening
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: