US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
The pay range provided is not indicative of Sysco’s actual pay range but is merely algorithmic and provided for generalized comparison. Factors that may be used to determine rate of pay include specific skills, work location, work experience and other individualized factors
Sysco Enterprise Technology is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer – Workday Financials to join their team to assist with operational support for their global financial solutions and the opportunity to be part of Finance Transformation at Sysco. In this role, you will provide global financial solutions, and operational support, and be a part of the FTR initiative. Daily in the role, you will be responsible for Workday Financials, Workday Integrations, and support cross-functional stakeholders in Procurement, Finance & Accounting and to assist with business requirements, configure, test, and implement Workday functionality to meet the organization’s technology needs. This will require planning, implementation, upgrades, enhancements, integration, and maintenance.
- As part of a larger team, manages the administration of the Workday system including system configuration, maintaining security, data audits and corrections, and introduction of new functionality.
- Resident expert in the Workday Financials product suite and ensure business partners take advantage of best practices.
- Identify, recommend, and track opportunities for process and operational improvements. Analyze problems, formulate solutions and alternatives, and deliver solutions that achieve desired results in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Design, develop, and support custom Advanced, Composite and Matrix Reports. Business Process Validation Rules, Calculated Fields, and EIBs. Manage twice a year mandatory release.
- Implement standards and best practices for supporting Financial Systems used by the Finance organization.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the accounting system design, particularly related to data flow.
- Leverages a strong understanding of business to design, configure, and maintain the different modules in Workday Financials and Workday Integrations.
- Drives and leads designing, building, and implementing, process improvement strategies for enhancement performance and in application management (configuration, integration monitoring)
- Writes effective technical user stories and ensures that non-functional requirements are met to ensure performance, scaling, resilience, and maintainability of software/solutions
- Actively resolves defects and manages technical debt
- Develop unit tests to ensure good coverage and regression testing ability
- Assists in the development of automated tests and environment management scripts
- Practices DevOps methods like CI/CD, SDLC automation, and proactive monitoring/telemetry
- Participates in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
- Evaluate emerging technologies continually to identify opportunities, trends and best practices to strengthen Sysco’s development practices
- May play a supervisory role toward junior technical resources or external support partner resources as they commit to and deliver work
- Bachelor's degree in CS or 4-5 years of relevant developer experience
- 5-8 years of experience in Workday Financials implementation or support role in an agile environment. Core expertise in Workday Finance – AR, AP, AM, Billing, Invoicing, Cash Management, Accounting Center, etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience and expertise in administering and or configuring (SaaS) ERP software like Workday, and Workday Integrations.
- 5 years in solution design and development experience in accounting system design, with a finance acumen, and financial reporting knowledge.
- 3 years of knowledge and experience with Workday Integrations implementation, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Workday Financials Certification, and proven finance and accounting knowledge a is a big plus
- Understands and implements code quality best practices, and can support others on their team in these practices
- Develop effective unit tests and implement integration and end-to-end testing.
- Able to support a wide variety of release management processes: planning, scheduling, and controlling software through different phases and environments, including versioning, branching, merging, testing, and deploying software releases
- Proficiency with DevOps tools and concepts, including continuous integration, continuous deployment/delivery, configuration and containerization, infrastructure as a code, and monitoring
- Possesses skills, experience, and proficiency with Agile practices (e.g. Lean, XP, Scrum, Kanban) and leverages these to improve processes, estimation, etc.
- Strong experience building and deploying applications to support accounting and finance functions.
- Researches the answers to questions independently, improves work skills, and identifies key growth areas and topics of interest for the team. Provides learning recommendations to team members that target professional growth. Directly supports team strategies and processes for continuous learning (e.g. feedback processes, team development efforts)
- Directly communicates with key business and technical stakeholders across multiple channels: meetings and discussions, demos and presentations, written communication, etc.
- Works and collaborates effectively within a product team and connects with other teams and team members in and outside of the product family as needed.
For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 71,000 colleagues and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations.
We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.