IND-BLR-Salarpuria Sattva Knowledge Court
Do you love to solve problems and find better ways of getting things done? Do you love asking ‘why’ about pretty much everything? And does it make you happy when things are perfectly aligned and standardized? Can you pick the small pieces to create a big picture? Do you have the tendency to look into the end-to-end issue rather than just focusing on an incident? If so, then this role might be for you.
About the Role,
Job description – Senior Payroll Specialist
Responsible to perform end to end Payroll duties for multiple India entities of Thomson Reuters. To provide a quality service to our customers and partner groups including Employees, Outsourced vendor, Local Authorities, Finance and HR. Ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely for delivery of payroll to Thomson Reuters employees. Responsible for timely payment of statutory dues and filing of returns. Maintain continuous improvement mindset and implement improvements on a continual basis.
The Role involves (but not limited) to the following:
– Process payroll for multiple India entities.
– Validate Workday interface and change report to ensure that the correct information is being passed for the payroll processing.
– Collation of Workday and non-workday payroll data and send the same to the payroll vendor in prescribed format for processing.
– Processes International Assignee Payroll as per instructions received from internal teams and 3rd party.
– Process stock options and ESPP in the payroll.
– Review payroll data processed by payroll vendor.
– Perform payroll controls to ensure accuracy of payroll report.
– Manage payroll authorization and timely payment of payroll to employees.
– Ensure timely submission of GL files for posting.
– Provide required support to accounting team for payroll accounting & reconciliations.
– Ensure adherence to statutory compliance, timely statutory filing and payments to authority.
– Liaison with payroll vendor for various statutory compliance activities and timely closure of notices from the authorities.
– Work closely with payroll vendor and authorities for timely processing of provident fund claims and assist employees regarding provident fund process.
– Provide required support during internal and statutory audit.
– Reply to employee’s queries.
– Manage year end statutory filings and closure activities.
– Participate in payroll projects.
– Perform ad-hoc activities related to payroll.
– Assist manager / team leader in projects and other payroll related works.
Education: Commerce Graduate
Required Skills (Must have):
– Necessary industry experience & associated number of years of experience.
– Minimum 5 years of experience in processing India payroll.
– Expertise in Indian statutory compliances, returns/forms, and submission process & timelines.
– Understanding of payroll accounting entries.
– Good problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to manage the workload and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
– Drive & self-motivation with the ability to work independently.
– Proven ability to form strong customer relationships, an understanding of customer focus and service delivery.
– Experience in processing multiple country payrolls in a multinational company shared service environment will be and added advantage.
– Exposure to Workday system will be an advantage.
– Good attitude and willing to learn more.
– Good MS office skills and intermediate Excel skills.
What's in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
Hybrid Work Model: We've adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected
Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: flexible vacation, two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 26,000 employees across more than 70 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.