Coral Gables, FL
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami, Enterprise Business Solutions Team has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Director – Workday Procure-to-Pay Systems to work in Coral Gables, FL.
Workday Procure-to-Pay (P2P) Systems Director will be responsible for the improvement, execution and deployment of Workday Sourcing. Procurement, Supply chain, Expenses and Settlement applications. This role will have demonstratable expertise in deployment of Workday applications. This person provides advisory to business on strategies, options, and risks, and recommend varied approaches to meet business goals in the P2P area.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Acts as the P2P Subject Matter Expert (SME) with focus on Process improvement along with industry knowledge, and applications in the following focus areas:
- Sourcing, Procurement, Account Payable, Cash & Settlement, T&E Expenses and financial systems optimization
- Responsibilities include identification, obtainment and processing of critical data (e.g. benchmarks) to challenge the status quo through innovative thought leadership in the application of standard industry practice solutions for high performing procurement functions
- Diagnose, document and resolve complex P2P issues from a functional, administrative and operational perspective
- Participate in EBS projects with focus on P2P involving strategy, support, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) optimization related to Information Technology (IT) operations, business processes, security, and data integrity for the Workday applications
- Review and map P2P business processes
- Review business processes and advise business on system services available within the Workday application
- Identify and communicate findings to senior management
- Performs business analysis and composes clear, comprehensive functional requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field
Certification and Licensing: Workday Financials, Procurement & / or CPA preferred
Experience: 12+ years of experience working in healthcare and or Higher Education with at least 5 years of experience in Workday Procure-to-Pay (P2P) Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- High level of customer service, collaboration and consensus building skills while working with internal clients and/or stakeholders
- Workday P2P domain knowledge and experience
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Business and system analysis skills
- Technology aptitude and learning ability
- High level of accountability and ability to work independently
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.