Charlotte, NC, United States
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Title: Workday HRIS Functional Analyst – HCM & Reporting
Business Unit: Human Resources- HRIS
Location: Charlotte, NC
Barings is a leading global financial services firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients and customers. Through active asset management and direct origination, we provide innovative solutions and access to differentiated opportunities across public and private capital markets. A subsidiary of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with business and investment professionals located across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Barings is seeking an HRIS Functional Analyst to lead our HCM and reporting functions. This valuable team member will be responsible for driving our roadmap, identifying areas of opportunity for automation and globalization, and providing high-quality analysis, reports, and dashboards to our leadership teams. The candidate should be able to look at the ‘big picture’ but also be skilled in complex system configuration. We have been live on Workday for 5 years, but are a dynamic and progressive organization, just named one of the Best Places to Work in 2023. We are currently evaluating Workforce Planning and VNDLY for our 2024 roadmap and would love to find the right candidate to help support our evolution.
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge in HCM with a solid understanding of configuration for onboarding, offboarding, and leaves of absence business processes. Candidate should have experience with security, letter templates and country specific localizations as part of HCM. Candidate would preferably have experience with Time Off plan configuration but not required. Candidate must have strong reporting and analytic skills with experience in advanced and matrix reports, calculated fields, EIBs and custom dashboards. Experience with PRISM, Adaptive, People Analytics, Worksheets, Slides and/or PowerBi is a plus.
As part of the larger HRIS team, the team member will have the opportunity to cross-train and provide support in areas outside of HCM and reporting. We are live with Benefits, Comp, Time, Payroll, Recruiting Talent, and Learning modules.
This role requires a highly motivated individual with a solid quantitative background and a keen eye for detail. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, have a strong customer service focus, desire to process improve, and ability to seek solutions independently using Workday Community. This position reports to the Director of HR Technology and Operations.
- Provide support for HCM functional area: business process changes, notifications, alerts, letters, and localizations.
- Provide reporting and analysis support to HRIS, HR Operations, and Senior Leadership teams.
- • Assist in process improvements to gain efficiency and ensure data integrity across HR.
- Develop Workday reports to provide key trends and insights for business leaders, including recruitment and retention, compensation, and DEI.
- Enhance employee, manager and HR hubs and dashboards to provide an enhanced user experience,
- Analyze security changes or role assignments required to ensure report provides accurate results for end users.
- Work closely with colleagues in the HRIS team to support testing internal changes and bi-annual releases for Workday.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in HCM; alternatively experience in Benefits, Time, Payroll, Recruiting or Learning modules.
- Minimum of 2 years of Workday reporting including advanced, matrix, calc fields, and worksheets.
- Minimum of 1 year creating standard and custom dashboards and letter templates.
- Minimum of 1 year Workday security including updating domain, business process policy, and user group assignments.
- Experience with People Analytics, Adaptive Planning, PRISM, PowerBI, Slides, Composite Reports, Discovery Boards, and/or Integrations is a definite plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany high-growth environment.
- Prior experience or knowledge of financial services industry is a plus.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Barings offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
CORE BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Medical (including Virtual Care), Prescription, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Fitness Center Reimbursement Program (Including Online Memberships)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Fertility Benefits
- Highly competitive 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – Health Care & Dependent Care
- Retirement Health Reimbursement Account
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Spouse and Child Life Insurance
TIME OFF, DISABILITY AND LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Annual Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absences (Maternity Leave, Parental Leave, Caregiver Leave, Bereavement Time)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Education Assistance Program
- Charitable Matching Gifts Program
- Commuter Reimbursement Program
- Adoption and Surrogacy Reimbursement Program